My Spouse Disappeared and I want a divorce

Updated: Mar 20, 2019

Separated from spouse for years and don't know what to do?

Clients call with this situation all the time. Sometimes they have children sometimes they just want to end the marriage and move on. Finding a spouse that you haven't seen for several years is the first step. Try social media. Try obituaries. Try hiring a private investigator for a background check.

Once you find your spouse, consider reaching out to see what they want to do. Divorce after many years of separation create certain interesting issues, including whether there is community property or debt accumulated during the separation.

Another consideration is whether Nevada or some other State will have jurisdiction, and this could depend on factors including whether the other spouse will agree to jurisdiction in Nevada, and if he or she will not, whether they have sufficient property or debt to divide in their State to warrant the matter been dealt with there.

The Wright Law Offices is a Las Vegas family law firm with experience in matters of the disappeared spouse. Attorney Anthony Wright can assist.


Anthony M. Wright, Esq. has been a domestic relations attorney in Las Vegas, Nevada since 2005. His practice primarily has focused on all incidents of Las Vegas Divorce and Las Vegas child custody including all the municipalities around Las Vegas.

© 2005 by The Wright Law Offices, A Professional Legal Corporation

Site Map |  Anthony M. Wright, Esq.  | Disclaimer