I've been overpaying child support in Nevada

Updated: Mar 20, 2019


I just found out that I have been overpaying child support for over a year because my income went down and the other parent's income went up. Can I get some of that money back?


No. Retroactive modification of child support in Nevada is currently illegal and courts won't do it. The only retroactivity would be "relation back to filling of motion to modify." If you suspect you are over paying on child support, you should consult a Las Vegas child support lawyer immediately to determine what your rights are. The sooner you file for modification, the sooner you will save money.

Learn more about child support in Nevada.


Anthony M. Wright, Esq. has been a domestic relations attorney in Las Vegas, Nevada since 2005. His practice primarily has focused on all incidents of Las Vegas Divorce and Las Vegas child custody including all the municipalities around Las Vegas.

© 2005 by The Wright Law Offices, A Professional Legal Corporation

Site Map |  Anthony M. Wright, Esq.  | Disclaimer